Kitron is a leading Scandinavian Electronics Manufacturing Services (EMS) company, delivering improved flexibility, cost efficiency, and innovation power through the value chain. The company has operations in Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Lithuania, Germany, Poland, the Czech Republic, China and the United States. With 2800 highly skilled employees, Kitron manufactures and delivers anything from fully assembled electronic circuit boards to complete end - products for customers globally. Related technical services like prototyping, industrialisation, material analysing and test development are also key competencies offered by Kitron.
Location: Poland, Grudziądz
Kitron is currently looking for a Mechanics Sourcing Engineer, who is going to join a Global Sourcing Team and be accountable to Mechanical Commodity Manager in Poland. The main responsibility in this role is to set up the supply chain and ensure a smooth introduction of mechanical parts to projects.
- Conduct DFM analysis and assist customers in product development/support customers in parts/product industrialization.
- Ensure product quality parameters selecting the most efficient assembly technology, tool selection and suppliers.
- New products material cost calculation.
- Development of existing and finding new and alternative raw materials, analyzing results, providing conclusions and suggestions.
- Sending and collecting requests for quotations from suppliers according to customer specifications.
- Analyses of purchase cost, identification, and implementation of new solutions for a more effective purchase process.
- Negotiate with suppliers for price/cost reduction.
- Preparation of costed BOMs.
- Be part of supplier auditing teams.
- Higher education (mechanics/mechatronics). Lack of formal education may be substituted by relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of mechanical process standards, surface, and other technological requirements.
- Skills of reading and processing technical and technological documents.
- Experience as a sourcing specialist (search for new suppliers, negotiation).
- Strong English language skills, both oral and written.
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel, (AutoCad knowledge would be an advantage).
- Good communication skills, high degree of collaboration with others, result-oriented.
- A highly skilled and motivated team of colleagues.
- Opportunities for personal and professional development.
- Competitive remuneration.
- Full travel insurance (valid on business trips).
- Extra attention and benefits for the employee in case of important life events.
- Flexible working hours and hybrid remote work.